Sunday 20 September 2015

Shine & Sparkle!!

Hello Everyone J

I altered a wooden tray this time which was lying in my house since many years, so I thought of giving it a new look. A shimmery look!!


Shimmer Tray

Shimmer Tray

Firstly I gave a good coat of wood primer all over the tray & then painted it using acrylic colours golden yellow, shimmer orange, pearl metallic gold & chrome yellow. Then rubbed some gold dust here & there while the paint was still wet. On drying applied some 3D outliner glitter rangoli using my fingers, stuck some sequins & stones at the inner sides of the tray. For the outer sides glued some purple stones & encircled them with ranger liquid pearls flamingo. Finally brushed the entire tray with gloss finish.

Shimmer Tray

There are two other altered elements in this project an ice cream cup & pistachio shells which were combined to make this


For the cup glued few layers of tissue paper & then painted it with acrylics, while the pistachio shells were used to make the flower on the top. Then using glue gun stuck all the shells onto the cup & also applied some glue dots between the shells using the same glue gun.



At the center of the pistachio flower is my handmade walnut shell mini candle which I made last year for Diwali festival.

My handmade roses are made up of crepe papers, which are very simple to make. Just twist & turn the crepe paper strip & glue the ends. For a shimmery look I used 3D outliner silver glitter on my roses.


Shimmer Tray

Added some shiny thermocol balls to the wire twig & glued a silver flower to it which was purchased from a local craft store.


Hope you liked it J
Do tell me how it is!! 

Thanks for visiting my blog!! :)

Have a great day!!

Linking this to following challenges:

Lulupu (Sparkle & shine)

Rhedd's Creative Spirit (Altered project)

Altered Eclectics (Altered project)

Sisters of craft (Anything goes)





13 comments:

  1. This is so shiny and wonderful! I love the candle holder, how unique! Perfectly beautiful and lovely tray! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
    AnyOldCraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super creation Priyanka and great choice of colours, many thanks for joining our Sparkle week at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda glad you liked it :) Even I love those bright colours.

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely! And such a great idea. Maybe I should start saving my pistachio shells from now on! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sammy! I am glad you liked it. Yes pistachio shells are great for recycling projects to make flowers, altered objects etc.
      Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  6. A shining beauty an d what a lovely way to use of those ice cream container and pistachio shells! I always have a soft corner for re cycled projects. You made me happy.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck. Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I am so happy you liked it. Even I love recycled crafts & many more are yet to come!! :)
      It is always so good to have you drop in :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely recycling Priyanka. Thanks for playing along at Lulupu Challenge 53

    Best of luck!

    Dolly - Lulupu DT

    ReplyDelete

You may also like.