Thursday 28 September 2017

Fun with acetate and shimmer pastes!

Hello Friends,

I am excited to share my project made for Craftyscrappers and there is also a tutorial on this fun layered card with the twist of using acetate & shimmer pastes along! 



The best part is it is really easy to make and yet unique in its design, so let's start with the process of making it....

So let's begin...

Step 1. Take a piece of acetate and select the shades of shimmer pastes to be used, here I picked two shades "Dreams" & "Envy" from Craftyscrappers to get two different shades.


Step 2. Using "French Script stencil" applied the shimmer pastes to the acetate sheet.


Next I picked an orange card from the cards set again from the store, these have bright shades to choose from and are thick enough to handle layers and other mediums.


Isn't it looking pretty? I loved the outcome on acetate.

Step 3. I decided to make a window on the card to fit the acetate sheet, so cut out a rectangular piece out of the card. 


Added the acetate to the cut out using both sided tape from the back side. 

Step 4. Next sprayed Shimmer Spray "Sweet Sunshine"  on a piece of pattern paper. I must say these sprays are so perfect, they spread beautifully and just little is needed to spray; they give nice intense color.


Step 5. Mounted this to a brown cardstock and tied a twine to it. Added this tag to my card. 


Step 6. Stamped a cute Hog image using the stamp set "Hogs and Kisses" and coloured it using faber castell connector pens. Added this image to a piece of brown cardstock using double sided foam tape. 

Step 7. Stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and added this to the card.


Lastly added few rhinestones and drew black stichted lines around the window, using black gel pen.



I hope you liked it and enjoyed the making process! Do share with me by leaving your views in the comment box below. 

That's all for today, stay tuned for more interesting projects. 
Enjoy! Happy Crafting!

H







3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to be back and visiting your blog to see the gorgeous projects I've missed while I was away!! This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and design!! That piggy is so cute!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

You may also like.